Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Waiting For My Real Life to Begin...

I've always been a Colin Hay fan since I started listening to his solo career. It's hard to believe that someone from men at Work could produce such impressive stuff when all they brought us before was "I come from the land down under" but Colin Hay has found a way. But what it is more than anything else, as cliche as it may sound, is the little slice of life truths that he explores in his music. One of my favorite songs is his song "Waiting For My Real Life to Begin" just because of how true to life it is.

I've been trying to be patient with everything that's been happening. Even though it feels like my life is slowing down, I'm starting to realize just how crazy these past couple weeks have been. I can't begin to describe it, between quitting my job, trying to get a new one, and applying to grad school, I've been bad about keeping up with my movies and even my writing.

I'm hoping this feeling of waiting isn't something that will take over. I'm trying to remain calm and remain positive, but when it feels like you're not even living your own life and you're just waiting for it to happen to you, well, it's not easy to say the least. I'll keep you posted on the job thing and definitely grad school, but until now, waiting is all I can do.

No comments: