Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

How is There More Than One Way to Skin a Cat?

Alright, today's a kind of busy day so I'm gonna take the opportunity to re-instate my random thought/question of the week. It's not exactly mind blowing or anything, but then again, neither is what goes on inside my head...

So here it is. You know the expression "there's more than one way to skin a cat"? It's not exactly a popular one and I think it's more of a Southern thing, but some people may have heard it in passing. Okay, simply put, why is that a thing?

I mean, how did that become a statement where people are like, "yeah, ya know what? I think I'll say that"? Besides the fact that it's just plain creepy, I don't even really get what it means. On the basic level I understand that it means that there's more than just one way, but why don't we just say that and leave the cats out of the occasion? After all, they say that animal mutilation is one of the first signs of a serial killer...

That being said, I vote that we change it. From now on whenever I'm trying to convince someone that there's more than one way to do it, I'll tell them just that. Or maybe I'll say "Well, there's more than one way to peel a potato" since it seems a little less homicidal.

Anyway, that was my random thought/question of the week. Enjoy!

No comments: