Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Okay... Now What?

The truth hurts folks. After months of looking for a job, and only several weeks of being at one, things are not looking up. Even though it's always nice to get a paycheck, sometimes you have to think about the expense to your emotional, mental, and physical well-being.

This job was supposed to alleviate financial stress which, I'll give it that. It's nice to have a steady income, but sanity is another factor that shouldn't be discounted.

Since beginning work, I've found myself, evidently at ends with a few bosses, making countless mistakes, and becoming more miserable than I thought humanly possible. The problem is, if I don't stay here, where do I go from here? After several outbursts of stress hives (yes, they're a real thing) I'm not sure how much more I can take. Even worse is the people that it affects. Peak hours for a concert venue are the summer so quitting now might hurt a lot of other people.

I don't know, sorry, I hate faux introspective angsty writing, but it's been a big distraction lately so an entry of any other sort would've just been shallow and sub-par.

Thanks for listening to the whining (especially from a guy who, otherwise, has it pretty good) and hope nobody else is in the same situation.

No comments: